Monday, November 15, 2010

James Willis Berryhill Jr.

My Uncle Jimmy
James Willis Berryhill Jr., 67, passed away Nov. 9, 2010. He was born to James Willis and Christine Williams Berryhill in Baldwin, Miss. on Oct. 25, 1943.
Mr. Berryhill proudly served his country in the United States Air Force retiring after 20 years of service. Jim was married to Sylvia Singleton on June 1, 1999. Survivors include his wife, Sylvia of Tow, sons, Douglas D. Berryhill of Iowa and James W. Berryhill III of Missouri, four grandchildren and a sister, Wanda  of Wyoming.
Visitations will be at the Putnam Funeral Home on Sunday, Nov. 14, 2010 from noon to 5:00 p.m. Graveside services will be held at the Tow Cemetery, Tow, Texas on Monday, Nov. 15, 2010 at 11 a.m. with Rev. Gerald Moore and the Highland Lakes Honor Guard furnishing military honors.

I went looking for a picture of my uncle Jimmy, and I could not find one. How sad.
He is the last of my mom's Berryhill siblings. I remember him and uncle Charlie at our house when we were little. I remember going and picking him up at the bus station while he was on leave from the Air Force.

But, in the past 30 plus years I have not seen him or talked to him...

This is the only thing I could find... It was a letter he wrote to my mom after he went back from his leave staying with us. He speaks of seeing my mom's biological father in Texas. 

Today is his funeral...My heart is sad for my Aunt Wanda and for Jimmy's wife and his sons.
and in a selfish way I am sad for me...for not knowing where and what he has been doing for the many years I did not make an effort to stay in touch with him.

No comments: