Thursday, September 27, 2012

Master Josh Burgess

Last Saturday, Sept. 22nd, Josh had to "mid-term".
It was held prior to the beginning of a tournament in Rupert. I was excited that it was close to home so we could go watch him. I LOVE watching him in the art of Taekwondo.

The rank of Master has several different forms that have to be demonstrated in front of a judging panel of other Taekwondo Masters.

I was so impressed with the students who showed such respect to their instructor to come to the tournament early to watch Josh and show their encouragement.
Those who would be competing later in the tournament or not.
Pretty darn neat.


So, I tried using my camera to video Josh doing part of one of his forms and his board breaks.

Have you ever been videoing and can't tell if the camera is taping or not?

Yep, have a couple of minutes of the floor, walls....
But trust me, the board breaks were 
AWESOME!!!

Congrats Bud, I love you.
You are a great example of a real gentleman, friend and an amazing instructor.

3 comments:

HeartsMakeFamilies said...

WTG Josh. My kids were in taekwondo at the beginning of the year but we couldn't afford it anymore.

Thanks for stopping by to see me.

Lene said...

He is awesome.

Your new font makes it very hard to read your blog. :(

Cynthia said...

I think it's awesome that he's stayed involved with a sport he loves even when it's a bit more difficult to do so. I still have hopes of getting my boy to do Capoiera but now that he's discovered the drums, I'll probably never get him away long enough to try something like that.