Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Lost Piece of History

I have been so stir crazy being in the house all the time,
 so Kira, the girls and I went for a little drive, to all places PAUL, Idaho.
These buildings are on East Idaho Rd. off of Main Street.  I loved seeing these neat old buildings
 and look at the the amazing 
Mason sign and the Order of the Eastern Stars sign.
I wonder how old they are.


I do not know what this building was, but what potential!


And the old grange hall.
I remember when there were dances on Saturday 
and some of the churches meeting on Sunday in  grange halls.


I guess in a way it is really sad that these buildings have fallen into such ... do I say disrepair?
Maybe because they are on a side road.
Maybe it is because old things don't matter anymore..
but it was really neat to see these lost pieces of history.

2 comments:

Mindy H. said...

Wow! I need to drive down more side streets! Wouldn't it be cool if someone restored some of the local lost treasures? Maybe someday when I am a rich and famous teacher...

Josh and Ali said...

I had the same thought Mindy! It would be so cool to restore them!