Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fajitas

This is the best...wait let me say that again, the BEST!
Fajita recipe...with a couple of my little tweeks.

The recipe comes from the
1988 Idaho Beef Cook Off recipe cards.
submitted by Juldy Henrichs.
Yes, I have keep the little card that long, because it was worth saving.
I doubled the recipe for these pictures, and for dinner and left overs.

Recipe:
1 pound boneless sirloin steak or top round stake, trimmed.
1 large onion
1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced.
Marinade:
3 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/4 Cup soy sauce
3/4 Cup vegetable oil

Add all the meat and veggies along with your marinade into a big bowl or large zip tight bag.
Let it marinade for several hours or over night.
I follow the recipe except I also add a red and yellow pepper
2 smashed garlic cloves,
 Worshirshire sauce (I don't know how much maybe 2 Tablespoons)
Pepper and Salt.
I also cut the oil back a little
the honey I only add 1 Tablespoon
and I add about 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
When ready, take the meat and veggies out of the marinade and cook in med to hot skillet.
The original recipes calls for you to cook the meat and then add the veggies.
I like to cook my meat and veggies together.
DO NOT ADD extra marinade from your bowl.
It only takes 10 to 15 mins. for your Fajitas to cook.
When you start your meat, turn your oven to 350*. Wrap tortillas tighly in foil and place them in your warm oven for 10 to  15 mins.


When you are ready to serve, pull out a warm torilla and add your fajita mixture.
I like mine with a little cheese, sour cream, avacado with lime juice and salsa.
and this my dear,
is Heaven in your mouth!


1988 address:
Idaho Beef Council
2120 Airport Way
Boise, ID 83705




5 comments:

Kara D. said...

That sounds delicious!

Kira Rivadeneira said...

They were heavenly!!!

Lene said...

They look delish!

How important is the soy sauce? It's not gluten-free.

Mindy H. said...

Yum! You always post the best recipes. Thanks for making my life more delicious than it would otherwise be!

Jenny said...

I love the idea of soy sauce in that recipe. This looks beyond scrumptious.