Monday, August 25, 2008

At It Again

Sweet Relish If you like sweet pickle relish you will LOVE this!
Zucchini Relish
10 Cups Zucchini (the big old ones work Great!)
4 Cups Chopped Onions (I used Walla Walla's and Reds)
2 Large Green Bell Pepers
2 Red Bell Peppers (just for the color) You can use Green if you want
In a Large Bowl (Plastic or Glass)
Grate Zucchini with skins on, add chopped onions and peppers
Add 1/3 Cup Canning Salt Mix together
Cover and put in fridge over night
Next Day:
Drain and Rinse with cold water
Add:
1 1/4 teaspoons temeric
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Corn Starch
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 1/2 Cup DARK vinegar
4 1/2 Cups Sugar
Bring to a boil. Boil for 25-30 mins. I get my bubbling and then turn down the heat. It scorches very easy!
Place in jars, and process in steamer for 20 mins. 10 lbs of pressure.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Thank you thank you. I love sweet relish and I have zuchinni you know, growing out my ears. Thanks so much for this. Now come over and do it for me and its perfect :)

SAYDA said...

I've been wishing I had a recipe for sweet relish. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Sayda