Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Surpise!!

My Sister-in-law know my vice for lemons and showed up with these...

OH MY GOSH They are soooo gooood! Here is her recipe:
Sorry, I had the wrong cookies on the picture!
Pam's Lemon and Zucchini Cookies
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
2 Eggs
2 1/2 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Cups Shredded Zucchini
1/2 Cup Fine Chopped Nuts
1 teaspoon grated Lemon Peel
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Heat Oven to 375*
Mix Sugar, Butter, and Eggs.
Add remaining ingredients
Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake 8 - 10 mins. ( or until almost no indentation is left if touched)

Lemon Frosting:
3 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Butter (Softened)
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice or more to taste
1 Tablespoon Water
Mix all ingredients and frost

7 comments:

Jan said...

Another great use for zuchinni. Yeah. I love the looks of these gems. Thanks a whole bunch.

Lene said...

yummy!

I wish someone would show up at my door with a plate full of cookies - hint, hint!

Anonymous said...

lemon? did you say lemon? that is one of my favorites!!!!...but then I have a passion for lemon...your cookies look yumo...

judy

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that lemon frosting would be good on just about anything!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks YUMMY! I was wondering how she ended up bringing you the same cookies you made the other day! :)

Lisa Christine said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is beautiful...I love your background. And those cookies...yum!

Bren's Life said...

The soup sounds good, but I'm not sure on the Lemon cookies. Not a huge lemon person at all... But I am sure they are good..