Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shoshone Falls

We had a pretty wet winter and Spring...LOTS of RAIN and when that happens
The Shoshone Falls go from looking like this to...
THIS...
It is such a Rush and an amazing place to see.
 Kira, Sergio and Miss H, went too.
I think it has been about 2 years since I was at the falls,
and the first time for Sergio and Miss H.
We had fun  feeding this rock chuck.
 Soon he figured out Sergio was the one with the "goodies" and he would stay pretty close to him...
The little ones stayed in the rocks but also got "showered" with trail mix.
It was great!
We  found a different view of the The I. B. Perrine Bridge in  Twin Falls.
 It is a truss arch  four-lane bridge. It  is approximately 1,500 feet long and 486 feet  above the Snake River.
 During the summer months you will see BASE jumpers on it.
Now I know were to go watch so I have a  better view.

4 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Wow! Beautiful. I'd never heard of a "rock chuck" before. That baby's growing fast. Darn it, huh? There are my random thoughts for the morning. It's going to be one of those random type days.

Lene said...

Why have we never taken the kidlets there?!?

Cynthia said...

I'll have to add that to my list of places to visit. Wow!

Bren's Life said...

Never heard of it. But the 1st picture is beautiful & amazing. With the color of the water.. The others are crazy w/ a lot of water!!