Monday, December 8, 2008

Family Traditions

For as long as I can remember my mom's family would get together each Christmas Season and make the German cookie Peppernuts (English translation).

This is my mom showing Josh how to make peppernuts.
(The girl on the right with the '80's hair is my sweet sister 'lene)
The after the dough is mixed up it is placed in a cookie sheet to "rest" for the night.
The next day the baking starts:
Kirk loves Peppernuts and is always willing to pitch in to make them.
The longer the assembly line the quicker the cookie making goes.



Josh's "girlfriend", Alison and her brother came over to be part of the fun!
Yes...the recipe makes LOTS of cookies


and TADA Peppernuts!!

Let the Tradition Continue!!!

8 comments:

Lene said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun mixing up your peppernuts!

One of these years I am going to take the plunge and make them. It just isn't fun doing all the work by myself.

Mindy H. said...

Yum! What a delicious tradition, and working together in the kitchen with family is probably the best part....although eating the cookies is probably a close runner up :)

Linda said...

Holy moly that's ALOT of cookies...and they look delish!

It's so nice that you had help in the kitchen. It just makes traditions all the more fun doing it with others.

SAYDA said...

Goodness! Tons of cookies. Makes me want some. You do so much.
Sayda

Bren's Life said...

Holy moly that's a lot of peppernuts.. Wow - Have you ate most of them or did you give them out before you could?

Anonymous said...

What a funny name. I think I need the recipe.

I love that the whole family, and then some, get involved!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm looks yummo.

judy

Kar said...

Yum! So what do they taste like? I've never heard of them! Is your family of German descent?