Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gringa Empanadas

Kira sent a picture of her making Empanadas, and well to be honest I though,
"If she can do that I know I can too".They look pretty good don't they. Not bad for a little American girl in Argentina.So, I started by browning my hamburger ( don't know what she put in hers) along with green chilies.pulled out the Rhodes Rolls and cheese Next I pulled the dough balls in half and rolled each one flat..filling them was the cheese and meat mixture, doing this one at a time.Baked 20 mins at 350* and there you have it.
Gringa Empanadas!
As you can see I need to work at sealing the tops tighter, but they were REALLY GOOD.
I can't wait for Kira to come show me how she made hers.

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

Yummy! I want to make those too! What a great idea. Kira looks great, by the way. My sister is leaving right about the same time your daughter comes home. I hope those 18 months go by fast. How are the wedding plans coming along? Are they letting you be involved?

Janiece said...

Jeanne, all in all it has gone pretty quick. Holidays are hard, but that is expected. Where is your sister going?

Linda said...

Oh those look yummy and not particularly hard to do. I just may have to give them a try!

Mindy H. said...

Kira looks beautiful and the food looks yummy. I can't wait for her to come home! Oh, and I want to be there for Kira's cooking demo, ok?

Kar said...

Oh baby! Those look really, really good. I tried to make tamales a couple of years ago. It was soooo hard, but I've been yearning for them lately. Maybe I'll get ambitious and do them again.

Tina said...

Oh those look so yummy! I am definitely going to have to try and make these!

Anonymous said...

Looks YUMMMMMMMMMYYYY!