Monday, November 30, 2009

The Tradition Continues

same recipe...different year...
You may need to read THIS POST
But...I am about to do something I have only done on a very RARE occasion
I am going to share
the ingredients to making
(my brother Ro, came this year to HELP mix the batch)



Peppernuts
(English Translation of German Pfeffernusse)
3 Cups dark karo, 4 cups sugar, 1 cup shortening, 1 1/2 Cups Postum, 6 eggs, 6 to 7 pounds of flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg,alspice,2 teaspoons anis, pepper, baking powder, 3 teaspoons soda
3 pounds powdered sugar
Directions:
Maybe Next Year

8 comments:

Lene said...

I started hyperventilating thinking you were sharing the recipe!

BTW-David wants to know if you are sending any down for us?!?

Lene said...

I still can't believe you guys got together to make these...I am going to be there in a few weeks.

parkithere said...

oh my stars...i'm so excited...this is awesome...so sad we didn't get to come by and see you ...hopefully...the next time...wasnt feeling that hot this trip...
love you tons and thanks for sharing...

Anonymous said...

You tease! Good thing I have my own recipe (although I've never made them on my own!) I got a bag from Martha and I've hidden them on top of the fridge so no one else will find them (especially the kids!)

Mindy H. said...

And WHY haven't you adopted me yet?

As Told By Molly said...

Thank you for stopping by! I will have to keep coming back to see you, I guess, if I'm ever going to get the directions for these Peppernuts. :)

...really 6 to 7 pounds of flour? And I didn't know they made Postum anymore?

Cynthia said...

Psych! My Mom's Aunt and her family make some traditional Christmas cookies too. The recipe is from my Great-Grandma who has been gone since the 40's. I can't prounce or type the word properly but the cookies are Swiss and it sounds like fosk-nosk-hle-a-hlese. I'd make them but you can't find a recipe for something you can't spell.

Kayleen said...

YOU are such a TEASE!!!!!