Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Much Is Given, Much Required

"For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required" Luke 12:48
This scripture has echoed in my mind for the past year. I know our heavenly Father loves us without condition.
I also know that in Luke 12:48 we are told that He requires much from us.
I will admit with all the blessings and miracles our family has seen in the past 11 months, I knew
something BIG would be required...I mean really how much more could He give one family.

They announced in church that we would be getting a new bishopric on April 17, 2011.
What is a bishopric?
The LDS Church position of bishop is most analogous to the position of a rabbi, minister, pastor, or parish priest in other denominations.
Bishops are assisted by two male counselors who collectively constitute the bishopric  and share responsibility for all ward organizations and programs.
The LDS Church utilizes a lay clergy, which means that members serve in their ecclesiastical positions—including that of bishop and his counselors do this without formal schooling and without pay.
Meet our new bishopric:
Bro. Hanks, Bishop Seibold and Bro. BURGESS
Yep, that is right...Kirk was called to be the 2nd counselor in our Ward's bishopric.
To say the least Kirk is overwhelmed,  feels inadequate, he can't believe all the meetings that they have and he keeps asking when will HE believe that he has been given this calling.
I know that our Father in heaven will help him as he grows and learns all of the responsibilities of being a counselor to the Bishop.
If you would like to know more about
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
you can visit:

6 comments:

tammy said...

I'm sure your family will be blessed by this experience. I understand his feelings of inadequacy just from being called as primary president of a brand new ward. What do they say?...As soon as you feel comfortable in your calling, you'll be released.

Lene said...

He will do amazing. And as soon as he feels like he knows what he is doing is when he will be released.

Josh and Ali said...

I can't believe it either! I have a blog for you to look at though. It's layneandkrissy.blogspot.com. It's that family that had that little girl that died in the river last week. I think you will like it.

Hesses Madhouse said...

Behind every great man....
You are the reason he can serve there. It's all because he has an amazing wife. Way to go YOU! To be entrusted with supporting your husband as he serves--Heavenly Father will bless you.

Linda said...

This sounds like an amazing opportunity for Kirk and I know you are so proud. It says alot about your whole family. Congrats to all!

Mindy H. said...

I was so excited to hear about your amazing new bishopric! I'm sure many blessings are in store for those wonderful brethren, their families, and the whole ward.