Saturday, April 16, 2011

Miracle Bread or sometimes called 1 Hour Bread

With my Kitchen Aid up and running again...slight happy giggle
Kirk was so happy to come home from his meeting the other night to find
Home made bread waiting for him.
This is a pretty Awesome recipe
It is called the
1 hour bread or miracle bread
Pre Heat Oven to 350*
In Kitchen-Aid Bowl or any bowl combine:
5 1/4 C. flour
1/4 C. sugar
1 Tablespoon salt
1 & 1/2 Tablespoons of SAF Yeast
 - you HAVE to use the SAF yeast, if you do not it will taste very grainy
 (I get mine at the health food store)
1 1/2 Tablespoons Lecithin
 - this is stuff is very sticky I just eye ball it and pour into my yeast
(again get at the health food store)
2 C. HOT water
 (you can add a little water if you need to, but I have not had to)
MIX
5 minutes
DO NOT ADD ANY MORE FLOUR
Spray pan and counter with Pam or any other spray.
Shape loaves
Place in bread pans
Cover with a dish towel and let raise for 25 mins.
Bake @350* for 25 mins
and enjoy
I made 2 large loaves and then this small one for a gift,
 but  well, it never lasted long enough to give.

5 comments:

tammy said...

Yummy! Can you use whole wheat flour or half white half wheat?

Saimi said...

My taste buds are going crazy as of now and I can just imagine how your house must be smelling!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Kira Rivadeneira said...

It was Heavenly. Thank you for sharing. : )

Hesses Madhouse said...

My KitchenAid arrives this week. I'm SO TRYING THIS!!! I'm so excited! Thanks for sharing all of your yummy recipes. Where do I find SAF yeast?

Mindy H. said...

Oh dear.

Oh deary, dear, dear.

Maybe I will make bread for FHE tonight. Thanks for the inspiration!