Saturday, March 28, 2009

Can You Smell What The Oven Is Baking?

Few things make a home smell like home than fresh bread...
and Banana Nut Bread was in the oven today. Sliced while is is still warm!
My mom's
Banana Tea Bread Recipe
2 2/3 Cup Sugar
1 1/3 Shortening
Cream
add:
8 eggs
4 Cups mashed bananas
Stir until well mixed
add:
7 Cups Flour
8 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 teaspoons Salt
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (or more)

Place in bread pans sprayed well with "Pam".
Bake 350*
1 hour 10 mins.




5 comments:

parkithere said...

I love it when you share...I love more when I can eat it eat your home. Great seeing you this past week. take care.
Love you tons...

Mimi Sue said...

Love banana bread. I need to make some. Thanks for the idea! Mimi

SAYDA said...

Yummy! I think I will try baking today just this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Oh does that bread look yummy! It's made me want to do some baking today too!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh it smells so yummy! I wish I had some NOW! Does one recipe make 4 loaves?