Tuesday, December 30, 2008

SPT ~ HOPE

Lelly invited us this week to SPT on HOPE

I should have saved THIS post for my SPT.

I HOPE... I hope for... I WILL hope...

As I write the word hope I keep thinking it needs an ACTION word to go with it. We can hope all we want but if we do not do anything to change ourselves or our surroundings than it is just a word.

I can HOPE for "world peace" but if I am unkind to my neighbor than it is just a word.

I can HOPE to be healthy, but will I quit eating my tube of Pringles each night watching late, late TV.

or

I WILL Hope that I can find a miracle in everyday. by doing so I will.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, i love how you've challenged us to take action about our hopes. great ideas as we head into "resolution season."

Chris said...

I like your action word. You do need to take action to fulfill hope. Happy New Year. I know you will find a miracle everyday. :-)

Becky said...

Great words! Love it...

Lene said...

Love your message.

I had a hard time with hope. It seems to leave everything up to chance...and you know that doesn't usually work out well for me!

Happy New Year!

Love ya Sis!

Bren's Life said...

Great point. I love how you put it.

Rebekah said...

i agree! hope requires action. wishes are passive, like you're just throwing things out to the universe.

Kar said...

Very true! And yum. I love Pringles.